MEDICINE AWARENESS E-LEARNING
This Medicine Awareness e-learning course looks at the terminology, uses and legal requirements of medicines and drugs. It also
covers how to safely administer, handle and store medications.
Medicines are available in many different forms and have a variety of functions. If you administer or manage medications on behalf of
others, it’s vital that you have a clear understanding of your responsibilities and you are aware of the types of products you may encounter.
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Recognise the difference between a medicine and a drug
- Identify the positives and negatives of medicines and drugs
- State the legal requirements of the Medicines Act and the Misuse of Drugs Act
- Explain the different routes of administration
- Identify the correct procedures to promote the safe handling of sharps and medication
- Store and dispose of medications and drugs correctly
- State the record-keeping requirements in respect of medication
Format: Interactive | Course Duration: 35-40 minutesDownload the course description here »