National Sales Manager (Software as a Service)
Date posted: 5th March 2019 Job Ref No: SM1903 (Please quote when applying)
Are you an exceptional Sales Manager with experience of growing and leading a successful sales function? Have you been told you are an inspiring manager and have a proven track record of success? Do you feel your current role is limiting your growth and squashing your creativity and innovative ways to grow or win business?
We are looking for a National Sales Manager to grow, develop and lead our National Sales team. Ensuring our market-leading products reach new customers through maximising sales opportunities. You will lead by example, developing and engaging a team of field sales staff who cover 10 regional territories across the UK. Motivating and coaching your team to achieve and exceed sales targets and Key Performance Indicators. You will use your commercial, organisation and forecasting skills to devise and deliver an annual sales plan, ultimately taking responsibility for the sales strategy.
With over 20 years’ experience, Safety Media is a trusted, reputable and growing software development company. We are proud of our world class health and safety solutions covering e-learning, incident reporting, risk, audit and document manager tools which, support our clients nationally and globally to meet not only their e-learning but also their health and safety challenges. Our clients range from global brands to SMEs all with unique needs and objectives which you and your team will need to identify.
Why would you want to come and work with us?
We embrace easy to use technology and innovation. You’ll have a great bunch of colleagues to work with and a good work life balance. We know how to have fun and hold regular team events that have seen us learning to surf, climbing Snowdon, white water rafting or, more sedately, getting competitive at quizzes or cheese tasting.
We are a ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work for 2018’ and are delighted to have been awarded a Best Companies ‘outstanding’ 2 star accreditation.
Our new modern head office is conveniently located near the A55 in St Asaph, North Wales, with first rate facilities. We are looking for the role holder to be based in the North West of England or North Wales to ensure regular engagement with the Head Office team. We anticipate you will be spending one night a week away from home meeting prospective clients and coaching your team.
You will be supplied with the very best tools, technology and training to help you succeed in your role.
Rather than being a number, this is your opportunity to make a significant contribution to a small company which will be recognised. This role reports to our Managing Director.
What are we looking for in relation to this National Sales Manager (Software as a Service) role?
- Experience of software sales in a B2B environment (ideally in Intellectual Property)
- Demonstrable experience in managing a successful Regional or National sales team
- Proven track record of driving a team to deliver challenging sales targets through the sales cycle
- Experience of a direct sales model
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Self-confidence, gravitas, tenacity and the impact to quickly earn respect at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of performance coaching
- Ability to manage a sales team with strong personalities and varying experience levels
- A natural affinity for sales-based tasks – the role will be challenging but with the talent it should be fun
- Attention to detail with an organised and methodical approach to your work
- Someone who is flexible and able to deal with change and a busy workload. You thrive when multi-tasking!
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of the e-learning space is desirable but not essential
The successful applicant will be offered a salaried permanent contract with full-time hours, working Monday to Friday.
To apply for this role please upload your CV using the form on this page and be sure to quote the relevant job reference number.