Digital Graphic Designer / e-Learning Content Designer
Date posted: 5th March 2019 Job Ref No: CT1903 (Please quote when applying)
Are you passionate about creating quality digital design and would love to be in a position to make a real difference to an exciting, forward thinking and growing company? You may have experience of or studied graphic design and be looking to start your career in digital design.
At Safety Media we are looking for creative and innovative designers to bring the storyboards for our e-learning content to life in an engaging and original way for the end users of our e-learning training solutions. You could be designing content for new courses, updating our current library or delivering specific projects for our customers.
You will be working in our small but perfectly formed Content team. Your role as E-Learning Content Designer will involve;
- Working independently on projects to bring story boards to life for the end users of our training solutions.
- Using built for purpose software, where you will be asked to push the boundaries of design and come up with ideas outside of the proverbial box.
- Managing and tracking your own work to ensure Content deliverables are achieved and we meet the expectations of our customers.
- Fully contributing to team meetings and peer review new content for quality and accuracy.
What will I need to be considered for this role of E-Learning Content Designer?
To be considered for the role of E-Learning Content Designer, you will have the following knowledge, skills, expertise and attributes;
- Passion for web-based graphic and digital design
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Creative flair
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and adapt according to priorities
- Confidence to work individually but within a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong proofreading and English language skills
- Drive and motivation to help mould the future of an industry
Although not essential, the following is desirable;
- Experience of instructional design
- Animation / Multimedia design skills
- Photography, videography and video editing skills
Don’t take our word for it…meet a new starter…
“Hi, my name is Alex and I’ve been a Content Designer at Safety Media for three weeks now. I settled into my role very quickly – being in a relaxed atmosphere and having a friendly and supportive team has really helped! It’s great to work in a place where everyone is so willing to help each other. I feel my opinions are valued.
I wanted the opportunity to learn and improve on my skills. Did I know anything about e-learning design? Not really, but I wasn’t completely thrown in the deep end. By applying my graphic design knowledge/skills I was able to start creating content quickly. It’s been very engaging to learn not only a new type of design, but new software too.”
Why join Safety Media?
With over 20 years’ experience, Safety Media is a trusted, reputable and growing software development company. You will have a friendly bunch of colleagues to work with and have a great work-life balance. You’ll be employed on a permanent contract and work full time hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, from our new modern head office, which is conveniently located near the A55 in St Asaph.
We know how to have fun and hold regular team events that have seen us climbing Snowdon, learning to surf, white water rafting or, more sedately, getting our dabbers out for Bingo.
We are a ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work for 2018’ and are delighted to have been awarded a Best Companies ‘outstanding’ 2-star accreditation.
To apply for this role please upload your CV using the form on this page and be sure to quote the relevant job reference number.