Business Development Manager
Date posted: 5th December 2018 Job Ref No: BDM1812 (Please quote when applying)
At Safety Media we have big ambitions to grow our business, we are looking to expand our New Business Sales team with the addition of a new Business Development Manager (BDM) who has experience of B2B markets. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting fast-growing business.
You will self-generate and manage new sales leads for our SaaS Enterprise system. Seeking out the needs and wants of prospects, communicating the benefits and features of our software and matching our best solution for their needs.
Supporting our vision to be the number one provider of Health and Safety software solutions. You won’t be afraid to open as many doors as possible to reach out to the right decision makers. The perfect candidate will be able to execute the sales process from end to end with passion and always be aware of creating value for our customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Creating and managing your own pipeline, ideally building upon your existing network and new contacts to secure meetings with decision makers.
- Taking a consultative approach with prospects to ensure that the right solutions are presented that match their needs.
- Building effective relationships with all departments and different management levels, across our prospects business.
- Ensuring all interactions and meetings are professionally followed up, managed and diarised appropriately.
- To develop and implement strategies to achieve year on year target revenue.
- Researching innovative ideas to develop new business within the Safety Media core values.
- Using our CRM to maintain your pipeline, including recording all activities, tracking progress and updating leads/opportunities.
We expect candidates to have the following attributes and experience:
- Experienced sales person with excellent solution-based selling, communication and presentation skills 2yrs + in a B2B market(s)
- Proven successful ability to sell enterprise technology / SaaS
- Demonstrable experience in generating new business revenue per annum
- A real sales hunter, used to managing own workload, you’ll thrive in dealing with clients and taking responsibility for driving revenue for the business
- Be genuinely inquisitive and have the curiosity to ask the right questions
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to build an effective working relationship with customers, stakeholders and work with colleagues collaboratively at all levels.
- Professional and credible with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with the ‘C’ or VP level business users to sell based on business value
- Full and Clean UK Driving Licence
Why work with Safety Media?
This is a brilliant opportunity to make a significant contribution to a small team, where your achievements will not go unnoticed. We are a forward thinking, innovative company with an exciting future ahead, and this is your chance to be a big part of our success.
At Safety Media, the people are our greatest asset. We firmly believe that rewarding staff leads to increased productivity and morale, which is why we continually strive to create a happy and positive working environment.
You’ll have a great bunch of colleagues to work with and a good work life balance. The role will require some travel to meet prospective clients at their sites and the odd overnight stay.
We know how to have fun and hold regular team events that have seen us climbing Snowdon, learning to surf, white water rafting or, more sedately, cheese tasting. We are a Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for 2018 and we are delighted to have been awarded a Best Companies ‘outstanding’ 2-star accreditation.
You’ll be based at our modern head office conveniently located near the A55 in St Asaph which offers free parking along with first rate facilities. You will be supplied with the very best tools, technology and training to help you succeed in your role.
To apply for this role please upload your CV using the form on this page and be sure to quote the relevant job reference number.