Client satisfaction is at the heart of the Safety Media developmental road-map. With this in mind our developers have been hard at work creating a web service to allow for a safe and secure way to integrate your employee record management system with the Safety Media LMS.
Our video explains in simple terms what this means, what requirements there are in order to use the Web Service and whether it is suitable for your requirements.
How do use a Web Service API?
To use the Web Service your technical team will need to write some specific code which allows the two systems to talk to one another.
Once the integration has occurred you will be able to manage your employee records in 1 rather than 2 systems with the changes made in your current HR database being automatically replicated in the Safety Media LMS.
This stops the requirement for duplicating data entry and minimises human error making your data accurate and up to date. For example, when someone leaves the business or moves departments, as soon as this change is made in the HR system it will be replicated in the Safety Media LMS.
There are a few things to note when considering using the Safety Media API:
- Your HR Software application will require some customisation to accommodate the integration. This will require input from your technical team.
- Not all HR Systems will allow for this type of integration.
- Departments can be set up and managed in your HR system however the courses assigned to departments must be managed within the Safety media LMS.
- All reporting and record keeping is managed within the LMS and is not fed back into your HR System.
- The API only sends information one way – ie, from your HR System to the Safety Media LMS. No information is sent the other way and therefore user management is disabled within the Safety Media LMS once the integration is complete.
The Safety Media Web Service is totally secure and creates a safe link between your two systems.
If you have any questions about the Safety Media Web Service please contact us on +44 (0) 1745 535000 or contact your dedicated Support Manger.